Portal Home > Terms of Service
Mineocity Hosting (Ocity Hosting LLC) Terms of Service | Created December 25, 2011 | Amended January 16, 2014
Summary of Changes - January 16th, 2014
- Update payment methods: Google Checkout --> Stripe
- Update "Ocity Solutions" to "Ocity Hosting LLC".
Service Payment, Refunds and Cancellation Guidelines
- Payment is only accepted via PayPal and Credit Card (Processed by Stripe). If you pay using a credit card the payments are a recurring subscription until a cancellation request is received.
- If a chargeback or other type of claim is filed with any of the said Payment Processors we reserve the right to suspend your service until the claim is settled in a manner that suits all parties. If the claim is not settled before your scheduled due date your server is subject to termination in the same manner as that of a server that is not paid for.
- All payment invoices are generated 14 days before payment is due. Failure to pay before the due date will resort in suspended service until payment is received. After 3 days of non-payment your service will be terminated and Ocity Hosting LLC will not responsible for any data loss due to termination.
- Ocity Hosting LLC reserves the right to provide or deny refunds for any reason, regardless of our refund policy. We offer a three (3) day refund on our servers. Plan add-on's (Mysql database, Dedicated IP and Backups) are not refundable. Refunds will only be granted if there is a server or performance issue. However, refunds will not be granted if we are not given an opportunity to rectify any issues. Refunds are also not granted if the issue is due to plugin configurations or plugin conflicts of your own doing. We are not responsible for user issues. If you've paid for multiple months we have the right to not issue a refund for whatever reason we provide. PayPal subscription refunds: We do not accept responsibility for users who have cancelled their services and not their PayPal subscriptions. The client will take full responsibility for negligence to the subscription, we reserve the right to not refund you. Adding funds into your account are non-refundable they can only be used for credit for Mineocity.com services. Except for dedicated servers which are non-refundable. All dedicated server cancellations must be given 5 days before the next billing due date.
- All orders are subject to be denied if they are found to be placed with fraudulent information.
- Orders are subject to phone verification if the automated check (physical address, IP address, email, and phone number) fails or presents borderline results.
Dedicated Server Payments
- Dedicated server payments are due one day before the end of your current cycle.
- Dedicated servers are non-refundable.
Server File Backups
- File/database backups are not guaranteed. Client is responsible for their own data management.
- After a cancellation has been submitted you understand that no data is recoverable.
Acceptable Use Policy [VPS & cPanel]
- Any activity that has a negative effect on our other clients will not be permitted.
- Services may not be used for attacking another network or the same network in any form. Examples are DDoS, DoS, and BotNets.
- Unsecured and Open Proxies or VPN services are not permitted on our network.
- IRC servers are not allowed on our network. Any service found to be hosting IRC servers is subject to immediate termination with no refund.
- Sites created for the use of phishing are not allowed on our network. If such sites are reported the service is subject to immediate suspension and termination with no refund.
- Services used for the purpose of SPAM are not permitted on our network and are subject to suspension and termination with no refund.
- Illegal material is NOT allowed on our network, no exceptions. If illegal content is reported on your assigned site or IP address your service is subject to immediate suspension, pending further investigation. If the client does not respond and take down aforementioned content in a timely manner the service is subject to termination with no refund.
- Copyrighted material is not allowed on our network unless you are the author or have the authors express permission to use and host the aforementioned material. Upon receipt of a DMCA claim the responsible service and client are subject to immediate suspension, pending further investigation. If the client does not respond and take down aforementioned content in a timely manner the service is subject to termination with no refund.
- If a DMCA claim is received and you have evidence of permission to use the content, it must be presented as soon as possible so we can resolve the claim with the appropriate parties.
Acceptable Use Policy [Game Servers]
- Client agrees not to attempt to modify the products or services as purchased from the original specifications. The client also agrees to not attempt to access any data or services outside of the client’s given user directory.
- Client agrees not to exceed a fair share of storage space in their server. We reserve the right to remove excessively large files if they have begun to affect other clients of Ocity Hosting LLC. Continuing to do so may call for a termination of service without refund. Ocity Hosting LLC will not be responsible if you do not heed our warnings.
- Support tickets are limited to basic installations, configurations, and teaching users how to setup their server. For advanced plugin assistance we may be able to assist if we currently have an open schedule, if we are unavailable to assist please refer to the plugin’s forum page. Spamming of the ticket system will not be tolerated and may result in service termination. Allow up to 24 hours for responses.
- Failure to adhere to the acceptable use policy will result in service termination with no refund after due notice.
- If your server is suspected of abuse or being the target of network attacks or other such cyber-attacks we reserve the right to temporarily suspend your server and null your IP so as to prevent our other clients from being affected.
These terms of service are an agreement between "you" (the client) and Ocity Hosting LLC, doing business as Ocity Solutions and Mineocity Hosting. The terms of service are subject to change with or without notification.